The Jasna Góra Monastery (pronounced Yasna Gura) is located in the city of Czestochowa, southern Poland. It is famous because there is a very famous icon of the Virgin, Our Lady of Czestochowa, the realization of which is attributed to the evangelist Luke. The sanctuary is linked to the founding of the Order of St. Paul the First Hermit and the monks and is the most important pilgrimage site in the country. It stands on a small hill with a high steeple. It occupies about five hectares. It has a surrounding park on three sides and a large open space inside for the big manifestacines. The monastery consists of two square buildings of the fifteenth and seventeenth centuries connected by a seventeenth century arch. In 1655, the Swedes attacked Poland but could not invade Jasna Góra, as it resisted the attack with just one hundred soldiers against the 30,000 of the Swedes. This made the whole country rise in arms, the war was won and in 1656, King John II Casimir Vasa devoted the entire country under the protection of Our Lady of Jasna Gora.
The Stations of the Cross explain to us step by step the passion of Christ, and near most churches there are small ceramics on the walls of the streets, pictures.. But the Stations of the Cross in the Monastery of Jasna Góra, the place where the Black Madonna is kept, in Czestochowa City is impressive. This Way of the Cross is around the Monastery, the images are almost life size and are on pedestals over 2 meters high, its impressive beauty, and being placed in a ditch, and surrounded by trees and nature, the view from the monastery is more beautiful. They invite you to reflect, to sit and look at them, it is one of the most beautiful Via Crucis that I have ever seen.
An Evangelical Church of the Resurrection, located in Katowice and belonging to the Lutheran Church. The cornerstone was laid on July 17th, 1856. The church was built in neo-Romanesque style, which combines elements of Lombard Romanesque architecture with the architecture of the Byzantine and early Florentine Renaissance. Features include window arches, inner room, octagonal towers and the façade of the rosette.
Plans for the creation of the parish date back to the mid nineteenth century, the first project was huge because Katowice was expanding and needed a large church. The project had to be discarded as it was just too expensive and the size was considerably reduced. The church has crossed naves and polygonal section, which is adjacent to the sacristy. The interior is simple and quite modern, within a very modern Gothic pattern.